Evaluation Programme 2017-2018
About the publication
- Published: January 2017
- Series: Evaluation report
- Type: Evaluations
- Carried out by: The Evaluation Departement at Norad
- Commissioned by: --
- Country: --
- Theme: --
- Pages: 12
- Serial number: --
- ISBN: 976-82-7548-842-6
- ISSN: --
Evaluation is an important instrument for an effective development policy. While different parts of the Norwegian development aid administration are responsible for reporting the results of individual aid interventions, the Evaluation Department has a particular responsibility for documenting the degree to which Norwegian development assistance is effective, relevant, and achieves the required results. The department reports direct to the Secretaries General of the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Norwegian Ministry of Climate and Environment.
The work of the department is carried out according to the following principles:
- Evaluations shall be conducted independently of those who are responsible for the administration and implementation of programmes and projects.
- Evaluations shall be conducted in accordance with recognized professional evaluation methods and principles.
- Evaluations shall seek to elucidate relevant issues.
- Evaluations shall put forward operational recommendations that may be utilized in the preparation of budgets and in further developing the activity being evaluated.
- Evaluations shall contribute to a constructive and open debate.
The evaluation programme has been developed in consultation with actors within and outside of the aid administration. The evaluation projects have been selected based on an assessment of significance, uniqueness and risk in Norwegian development cooperation, also taking account of the issues that are anticipated to be relevant during the programme period.
The programme may be adjusted based on changes in needs and preconditions. The programme and the status of planned and ongoing evaluations can be found on our webpages at norad.no/evaluation.