Strengthening the Oil and Gas Sector in Iraq
- Utgitt: mai 2016
- Serie: Norad rapporter: gjennomganger
- Type: Norad-rapport
- Utført av: International Law and Policy Institute (ILPI)
- Bestilt av: Norad
- Land: --
- Tema: --
- Antall sider: 52
- Serienummer: --
- ISBN: 978-827548-872-3
- ISSN: 1502-2528
This report presents a review of a bilateral cooperation in the petroleum sector between Norway and Iraq. The cooperation was initiated in 2004 and has been organized in two phases; this review is limited to current programme phase II.
This phase is based on a programme agreement concluded between Norad and the Iraqi Ministry of Oil (MoO) in 2011. Subsequently, MoO and the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy (MPE) entered into a three-year institutional Cooperation Contract in 2013, which stipulates a review of phase II before its end.
The purpose of the review is threefold:
- documentation and assessment of achievements made so far in programme phase II;
- identification of areas in the Iraqi sector in need and suitable for continued support by OfD under the remaining part of programme phase II and a potential new phase;
- a thorough risk assessment including external and internal risk factors, and identification of efficient mitigating measures for programme phase II.